The Sales Representative is responsible for selling a suite of genomic testing services to the pediatric clinical community. Target customers are specialists at pediatric hospitals who use DNA-based testing services to aid in diagnosis of their patients. The Sales Representative will develop new business both by building relationships with new clients and actively maintaining long-term relationships with current clients. The individual will help pediatric clinical providers and children’s hospitals navigate complicated genetic testing alternatives and show them how the Claritas Genomics testing services can help them achieve their goals. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for the mission of improving pediatric healthcare. This is the opportunity to be on the front lines of genomic medicine revolution where it will matter most – in pediatrics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent Claritas Genomics externally, bringing our passion for quality services for pediatrics to the client community.
- Develop sales and marketing strategies and plans to increase revenues, working closely with the VP of Sales and the executive team.
- Achieve sales revenue goals by:
- Expanding the client base and bringing in new accounts.
- Encouraging new orders from existing clients to meet their changing needs.
- Maintain contact with clients to monitor their satisfaction with services.
- Prepare and submit pricing contracts to clients for services.
- Perform market research – determining market size and competitive landscape for new products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related science field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience selling products or services to hospital administrators and/or clinical providers, with demonstration of the following skills:
- Customer service
- Presentation of complex information to a variety of audiences
- Opportunity pipeline management
- Ability to work well with others in an integrated and highly collaborative team environment.
- Ability to spend up to 50% time traveling within the U.S
Ideal candidate will also have:
- Previous laboratory experience with DNA sequencing and/or genetic testing.
- Advanced degree in science, with Genetic Counselors specifically encouraged to apply
- An understanding of knowledge of the following:
- Next Generation Sequencing technology
- The molecular diagnostic testing market
- Rare genetic diseases or pediatrics
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.