Claritas Genomics is seeking a creative, motivated Molecular Biologist to help design and optimize complex molecularly diagnostic tests using Next Generation Sequencing technologies. The candidate will work independently and with other scientists to generate and optimize novel genetic assays that address rare pediatric diseases. This work will involve multiple technology platforms including PCR, Sanger Sequencing, and Next Generation Sequencing. The scientist will develop and write SOPs and must be able to train others on assays using SOPs. Excellent analytical skills, reproducible techniques, and attention to detail will be critical for success.
As a member of the Research and Development Laboratory team, the candidate will:
- Develop complex molecular tests for diseases of high interest
- Apply technologies in novel ways to improve methods and results
- Identify creative solutions for molecular biology/genomics issues
- Troubleshoot procedures and identify problematic steps
- Demonstrate effective communication with peers and colleagues
- Assist with general laboratory support including preventative maintenance and quality control procedures
- Write and revise SOPs as needed
- Follow established safety protocols
- Take on independent projects and tasks beyond routine work as necessary.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Biology, Molecular Biology, or Genetics or other related life science
- Minimum 3 years of laboratory experience
- Hands-on experience with PCR, DNA sequencing, and DNA analysis methods
- Prefer experience with automated instrumentation and/or microfluidics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work successfully in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Prefer prior experience in regulated laboratory environment (e.g. CLIA, FDA-QSR, ISO)
- Experience with NGS and human genetics is a plus.